Law Office of Rhonda E. Parnell, LLC

Estate Planning

There is no time like the present to make your wishes known. Your estate should be reviewed upon life changing events. Have you recently married, divorced, had a child, or had family members pass away? If so, it is time to review your estate planning documents and protect your loved ones. Recent news coverage has driven home the urgent need for everyone to make their health care wishes known in advance, in case they become incapacitated. Do not put off talking with a lawyer to arrange a living will or a health care surrogate form. Do not postpone your decision on who will take care of your minor children upon your untimely demise. We also assist with arranging for the proper transfer of your property and responsibilities in the event of your death:

  • Simple wills
  • Trusts
  • Powers of attorney
  • Guardianship of minor children and special needs adults
  • Living wills
  • Health care surrogate
  • Probate and estate administration

Contact us to speak with a seasoned lawyer who can provide the legal guidance you and your family need.

What is a Will?
A Will is a legally enforceable declaration of how a person wishes their property to be distributed after death. A person can also recommend a guardian for their minor children.      
What are the other needed documents?

ALiving Will directs the withholding or withdrawal of life prolonging procedures in the event of a terminal condition.

A Designation of Health Care Surrogate names a surrogate who can make health care decisions for you if and when you are unable to make those decisions due to some incapacity. Your surrogate can only make those decisions when you are in a nursing home,
hospital, or under hospice care.

A Pre-need Guardian is a written instrument that allows an individual to designate someone else as his or her guardian if they become incapacitated.

A Durable Power of Attorney is a written instrument that allows an individual, the "Principal," to designate someone else as his or her "attorney-in-fact," to act on the Principal's behalf. This Power will survive subsequent disability or incapacity of the Principal. This allows for access to finances, payment of debts, purchase/sale of real property, apply for Social Security Benefits for the Principal, etc.

Safeguarding Your Family's Future
There are many legal issues that a family may encounter. Each of them can be challenging   to resolve. You may be adopting a child, you might be remarrying and need to  provide for existing children, as well as potential new children. Our firm can assist you with these concerns

Let Our Experience Put You at Ease
Our office is a  comfortable place where we listen to your concerns and present you with possible solutions.  We are located in the Research Park near UCF near Oviedo.  Ample free parking is available.  Contact us to put the litigation and negotiation skills of an experienced attorney to work for you.  Contact our Office today to learn more.