Law Office of Rhonda E. Parnell, LLC


Divorce has a big impact on your life. Following your final judgement, you need time to adjust to your new situation. As you and your former spouse move forward, circumstances surrounding child custody and visitation, child support or spousal support may change. A time may arise when a modification of existing orders comes into play.

At the Law Office of Rhonda E. Parnell LLC, we draw upon our proven negotiation skills to strive to help you reach an agreement without having to go to court. However, if approaching the courts is necessary, skilled trial attorney, Rhonda E. Parnell, will powerfully represent your modification interests.
Contact us to discuss how we can help.

Knowledgeable Assistance in Modifying Existing Orders
Post-judgment modification of orders is potentially possible when a substantial change in circumstances has occurred.

Child Support: Child support payments can necessitate modification for multiple reasons. As a parent paying support, you may have a considerable increase or decrease in income which affects your ability to financially support your child. Your child may develop special needs that bring about additional expenses. If you wish to modify the court's child support order, make sure it is done legally to avoid future complications.

Child Custody: A child's home life may change due to their living preference or other conditions, such as health or schooling concerns. Modification of custodial orders may be in the best interests of the child.

Relocation / Geographic Concerns:  If an employment change or remarriage requires you to move more than 50 miles away from your current home and you currently have custody of your children, you will need to request permission to move your child with you from the other parent and/or the court. Visitation opportunities with the non-custodial parent could likely be affected by your relocation. If so, custody and visitation agreements may need to be amended to accommodate these changes. If you do not follow proper procedures governing relocation, you may very well lose custody of your children or visitation with your children.

TimeSharing/Visitation Agreements:  It is often in a child's best interests to spend time with both parents. When scheduling concerns arise, modifying timesharing/visitation agreements to fit current needs may be necessary.

Spousal Support: With spousal support, also known as alimony or spousal maintenance, changes can occur for either spouse, which might create a need for modification. If you are receiving support and circumstances dictate a change in the amount you are receiving, we can help you request a modification from the court. If you are paying support and have had a change in your ability to pay, we can assist you with requesting a modification. While it is more difficult to modify spousal support orders than child support ones, a skilled attorney could very well make the difference in having your requested changes approved by the court.

Establishing Paternity to Support Custody and Visitation
If you are an unmarried father, but want custody or visitation with your children, you will need to establish
paternity  rights. If you are an unmarried mother, but want child support for your children, you will need to establish paternity rights.